Monday, June 18, 2012

QUOTES ABOUT DEATH


Son. Everyone dies alone. That’s what it is. It’s a door. It’s one person wide. When you go through it, you do it alone. But it doesn’t mean you’ve got to be alone before you got through the door. And believe me, you aren’t alone on the other side.
~Jim Butcher

..........


Dead. Never been that before. Not even once.
~Jasper Fforde

..........


Would you give up your vengeance against someone you hate if it meant saving someone you love? Would you want your dreams to come true if it meant granting your enemy’s dying wish?
~Jodi Picoult

..........


Don’t you turn your back to me, Harry Potter! I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!
~J.K. Rowling

..........


She had been given a wonderful gift: life. Sometimes it was cruelly taken away too soon, but it’s what you did with it that counted, not how long it lasted.
~Cecelia Ahern

..........


Stuffed deer heads on walls are bad enough, but it’s worse when you see them wearing dark glasses, having streamers around their necks and a hat on their antlers. Because then you know they were enjoying themselves at a party when they were shot.
~Ellen DeGeneres

..........


Of all the wonders that I have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.
~William Shakespeare

..........


I wonder if I’ll ever have to decide which worse, life as we’re living is or no life at all.
~Susan Beth Pfeffer

..........


I was a year for the ages, like 79, like 1346, to name just a few. Forget the scythe, Goddamn it, I needed a broom or a mop. And I needed a vacation.
~Markus Zusak

..........


When the time comes to die, make sure that all you have to do is die!
~Jim Elliot

..........


Time is such a waste of time to think about, because the longer you ponder it, the more of it you lose. And before you know it, you don’t know it, because you are nothing but dusty worm food.
~Jarod Kintz

..........


It was a hurting tune, resigned, a cry of heartache for all in the world that fell apart. As ash rose black against the brilliant sky, fire’s fiddle cried out for the dead, and for the living who stay behind to say goodbye.
~Krisitin Cashore

..........


The phoenix must burn to emerge.
~Janet Fitch

..........


Death is contagious; it is contracted the moment we are conceived.
~Madeleine L’Engle

..........


See, as much as you want to hold on to the bitter sore memory that someone has left this world, you are still in it. And the very act of living is a tide: at first it seems to make no difference at all, and then one day you look down and see how much pain has eroded.
~Jodi Picoult

..........


My grandpa died yesterday. I ought to know, because I shot him. So come, join me in the fight against patricide by killing your father’s father.
~Jarod Kintz

..........


Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things.
~Arthur Schopenhauer

..........


There once was a girl who found herself dead. She peered over the ledge of heaven and saw that back on earth, her sister missed her too much, was way too sad, so she crosses some paths that would not have crossed, took some moments in her hand, shook them up and spilled them like dice over the living world. It worked The boy with the guitar collided with her sister. “There you go, Len,” she whispered. “The rest is up to you.”
~Jandy Nelson

..........


Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to “die before you die” – and find that there is no death.
~Eckhart Tolle

..........


Death didn’t bother me much. Strong Christian and all that. Method of death did. Being eaten alive. One of my top three ways not to go out.
~Laurell K. Hamilton

..........


I held her close for only a short time, but after she was gone, I’d see her smile on the face of a perfect stranger and I knew she would be there with me all the rest of my days.
~Brian Andreas

..........


It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
~Marcus Aurelius


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment