Sunday, June 17, 2012

QUOTES ABOUT ANGER


I wonder if anybody else feels this way, if anyone in here is as scared as I am. Are they as sad and angry and confused and ashamed? Is that even possible? Is it even possible for one building to hold all that pain?
~Amy Reed

..........


Angry men with pointy things sent to secure a foreign city are pretty much alike anywhere. That’s what I’ve heard. So far nothing’s convinced me different.
~Sherwood Smith

..........


Remember, if you let anger into your heart, it will push out your ability to love.
~Bree Despain

..........


I’m supposed to be a Christian, but most days I don’t feel like I can even presume to say that about myself any longer. I have a lot of mad left over. When I can’t sleep, I thing about the other people who didn’t care how much pain and trouble they caused me. And think about how good I’d feel if they died.
~Charlaine Harris

..........


See, guys freak out. They hit critical mass and blast nuclear, white-hot anger out over the world like walking flamethrowers. But girls freak in. They absorb the pain and bitterness and keep right on sponging it up until they drown.
~Laura Wiess

..........


Often we allow ourselves to be upset by small things we should despise and forget. We lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year’s time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody. No, let us devote our life to worthwhile actions and feelings, to great thoughts, real affections and enduring undertakings.
~Andre Maurois

..........


A heart filled with anger has no room for love.
~Joan Lunden

..........


Grief, regret, pain, and of course anger. Another loss. And when you compare this one loss to the hundreds and maybe thousands that occur people stop thinking they matter. It does matter though. Every loss matters.
~Natalie Valdes

..........


If I dropped a tear upon your hand, may it wither it up! If I spoke a gentle word in your hearing, may it deafen you! IF I touched you with my lips, may the touch be poison to you! A curse upon this roof that gave me shelter! Sorrow and shame upon your head! Ruin upon all belonging to you!
~Charles Dickens

..........


May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the crotch of the person that ruins your day. And may their arms be to short too scratch.
~Keisha Keenleyside

..........


I shot up, now as angry and frustrated as him. I had a feeling if I stayed, we’d both snap. In and undertone, I murmured, “this isn’t over. I won’t give up on you. “I’ve given up on you,” he said back, voice also soft. “Love fades. Mine has.”
~Richelle Mead

..........


When introverts are in conflict with each other… it may require a map in order to follow all the silences, nonverbal cues and passive-aggressive behaviors.
~Adam S. McHugh

..........


Working with him was sort of like trying to defuse a bomb with somebody standing behind you and every now and then clashing a pair of cymbals together. In a word, upsetting.
~Stephen King

..........


Anger is the wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
~Bodie Thoene

..........


The finest fury is the most controlled.
~Christopher Hitchens

..........


To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible.
~Thomas S. Monson

..........


You’re afraid of your own anger.
~Kristin Cashore

..........


Nobody can keep on being angry if she looks into the heart of a pansy for a little while.
~L.M. Montgomery

..........


Whenever she felt like crying, she would instead become angry – at someone else or at herself – which meant that it was rare for her to shed tears.
~Haruki Murakami

..........


`
My demeanor isn’t that of a woman enraged. To see me slumped, glassy-eyed, holding a sandwich someone has cut for me into four “manageable” pieces, a person might tell you I look much more like a woman subdued.
~Koren Zailckas

..........


Divorce lawyers stroke anger and fear in their clients, knowing that as long as the conflicts remain unresolved the revenue stream will keep flowing.
~Craig Ferguson

..........


There is nothing worse than having an enemy who is a total loser. It’s incredibly frustrating when seeking revenge against one, because you come to the realization that there is really nothing you can do to make the person’s life worse than it already is. They have nothing to take, there is no way to screw them over of you have been their victim. It’s maddening.
~Ashly Lorenzana

..........


At the end of the day, your ability to connect with your readers comes down to how you make them feel.
~Benjamin J. Carey

..........


Defensiveness is usually someone silently screaming that they need you to value and respect them in disguise. When you look for deeper meanings behind someone’s pain you can then begin to heal not only yourself but others.
~Shannon L. Alder


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment