Monday, June 18, 2012

QUOTES ABOUT BEING STRONG


The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
~Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi

..........


Shallow men believe in luck, strong men believe in cause and effect.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

..........


The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.
~Samuel Johnson

..........


When someone has a strong intuitive connection, Buddhism suggests that it’s because of karma, some past connection.
~Richard Gere

..........


Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.
~Eustace Budgell

..........


Choose rather to be strong of soul than strong of body.
~Pythagoras

..........


Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world.
~Helen Keller

..........


How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
~George Washington Carver

..........


In these days of modern tennis, a player is as strong as his weakest stroke.
~Bill Tilden

..........


Follow your honest convictions and be strong.
~William Makepeace Thackeray

..........


I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I’ve always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband.
~Little Richard

..........


String women only marry weak men.
~Bette Davis

..........


Too often the strong, silent man is silent only because he does not know what to say, and is reputed strong only because he has remained silent.
~Winston Churchill

..........


We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment.
~Dennis Weaver

..........


We have a strong agricultural heritage in Kansas.
~Jim Ryun

..........


I’ve always tried to be conscious of how I represent women in my work. They don’t have to be good or strong women, but they have to be complex.
~Molly Parker

..........


I like good stories. Quality products and character are what’s important. Even if the script isn’t that strong, If I challenge myself with a great character, I’ll go for it.
~Corin Nemec

..........


A weak man is just by accident. A strong but non-violent man is unjust by accident.
~Mahatma Gandhi

..........


Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men mistake medicine for magic.
~Thomas Szasz

..........


To keep the body in good health as a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
~The Buddha

..........


Nothing makes one feel so strong as a call for help.
~Pope Paul VI

..........


My mother was the influence in my life. She was strong; she had great faith in the ultimate triumph of justice and hard work. She believed passionately in education.
~John H. Johnson

..........


Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, and disposable.
~The movie Clue (1985)

..........


In terms of fitness and battling through cancer, exercise helps you stay strong physically and mentally.
~Grete Waitz

..........


I’m amazed. When I was 40, I thought I’d never make 50. And at 50 I thought the frosting on the cake would be 60. At 60, I was still going strong and enjoying everything,
~Gloria Stuart

..........


I was raised by free-spirited people, though my father gave me a very strong work ethic.
~Diane Lane

..........


Mind chatter… “I’m too fat; I’m too thin’ and my hair is a fright; And I’m never enough; and my world is not right; I’m not smart; I’m not cute; I’m not strong; I’m a bust; I earn scorn; I earn hate; I’m no good; I disgust.”
~Jonathan Lockwood Huie


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment